info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] xnee 3.02 options that don't seem to work

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] xnee 3.02 options that don't seem to work
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:23:24 +0100

pause/resume/stop key works fine in my local CVS repo. Since we're preparing a new release, you have to wait some time. Probably works in CVS head. Nighlty dist tar.gz files can be found here:

  http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/xnee/nightly-dists/

Example: ./cnee/src/cnee --record --mouse -hp --pause-key p --stop-key s --resume-key r

Bill Cripe wrote:

Hello,

I've gotten some fairly interesting sessions to record and replay using xnee version 3.02, which is the most recent version that I could find, but several options don't seem to work at all, although they appear in the xnee documentation. A couple of these don't appear in the cnee documentation, so I suspect that perhaps they aren't in version 3.02.

--seconds-to-record seems to never work. It shows up once in the documentation as --time-to-record, but that gets an error if you try to use it.

Seems broken ... ill be back

Neither --pause-key nor --resume-key get a complaint when used, but they seem to be ignored. I tried "--pause-key p" for rexample. The --stop-key option is clearly the best way to stop recording, however, it seems to only accept the letters a-z and is not case sensitive. It's very difficult to never need to use the stop key as part of what you are recording.

How about F1 or F2 ... ?

I got the impression from the documentation that this ought to be able to be set to things like control+q, which would solve the problem,

I think the code for this is still there but it was "commented way" since we though it'll be hard to maintain (cowards!!!).

Problem is, when you record and press

  control

we don't know if we should print this or not. If you keep control pressed and at the same time press "q" we should stop and not print Control and "q". However if you released Control and the press q we should print them. Add to that, that the mouse may move etc...

So an easy, yet unflexible, solution was proposed and approved. Pause, Resume and Stop with one single key.

but I'm not able to get these combinations to be accepted.

Will dive into the docs and make sure it's up to date.

Are these features simply not in version 3.02?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Best Regards,
Bill Cripe