info

[gnupress] Newsletter from GNU Press, Free Software Foundation

From: Lisa M. Opus Goldstein
Subject: [gnupress] Newsletter from GNU Press, Free Software Foundation
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:50:57 -0500

Dear GNU Press fan,

Thank you for your interest in keeping up to date with new
developments in GNU Press by signing up for this occasional
newsletter.

This edition contains:
* Survey for new GNU Project 20th Anniversary T-shirt
* Announcing GNU Project 20th Anniversary Travel Mug
* GNU C Library Reference Manuals Update
* GNU C Library Reference Manuals Special Price Offer
* Larger-sized T-shirts now on sale

Survey for new GNU Project 20th Anniversary T-shirt

I want to ask for your help in deciding on our new GNU Project 20th
Anniversary T-shirt to be offered this Spring.  Please "fill out" the
short questionnaire below and send it to <address@hidden>.  Then I can
better decide which style/color to make and which sizes to order.

1. Your age:
A. Under 25
B. 25-35
C. 36-45
D. Over 45

2. T-shirt color I want: (Please pick only one!)
A. White with black ink
B. Grey with black ink
C. Black with gray ink

3. My T-shirt size:
        S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL

4. Please visit the HTML links below to see PNG previews of three
designs for the shirt front.  (The back will be the GPL's Preamble.)

Please give us feedback about the designs! Which do you like best and
why?  Which do you like least and why?

http://www.gnu.org/doc/Press-use/Shirt-1.png
http://www.gnu.org/doc/Press-use/Shirt-3.png
http://www.gnu.org/doc/Press-use/Shirt-6.png

Announcing GNU Project 20th Anniversary Travel Mug

A new stainless steel, insulated travel mug (tumbler style - no
handle), is being printed with a logo to celebrate the 20th
Anniversary of the founding of the GNU Project, January 1984.  You can
view the logo at http://www.gnu.org/doc/Press-use/20th-mug.png.

The new travel mug will first go on sale at the FSF Associate Member
Annual Meeting in Boston on March 27th, 2004. (Meeting info:
http://member.fsf.org/benefits.html) After the meeting, it will be
added to the web site for sale to the general public.

***************************************
GNU C Library Reference Manuals Update
***************************************

GNU C Library: Application Fundamentals
        (http://www.gnu.org/doc/clib-fund.html)
GNU C Library: System & Network Applications
        (http://www.gnu.org/doc/clib-system.html)

I want to personally thank everybody for their amazing patience
regarding these two books.  1200 pages is a lot to proofread, and
there were countless cross-references to double-check and fix after
the single on-line book was split into two printable manuals. It was a
herculean task.

The books are finally at the printers, in the middle of the proofing
stage.  We hope to be able to ship orders about the beginning of
April.

If you have pre-ordered the books:

Confirmation emails of back-order status will be going out in
mid-March to let everyone know that we still have you on-file.  If you
don't receive a notice and you had placed an order, please send email
to address@hidden

We will send a second, general email notice when the books arrive and
we start shipping orders.

GNU C Library Reference Manuals Special Price Offer

There is a 25% discount if you order both GNU C Library Reference
manuals directly from GNU Press at https://agia.fsf.org/#manuals.

Associate Members of FSF receive an additional 20% discount as part
of their member benefits package.  For more details, see
http://member.fsf.org/benefits.html.

************************************
Larger-sized T-shirts on sale

Prices have been reduced for all 3XL and 4XL T-shirts.  Check out our
collection at https://agia.fsf.org/#clothing.

Please send any feedback about GNU Press or other items you might want
to address@hidden  We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Lisa M. Goldstein
Managing Editor, GNU Press