info

[gnupress] GNU Press Newsletter

From: Lisa M. Opus Goldstein
Subject: [gnupress] GNU Press Newsletter
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:05:51 -0400

Dear GNU Press fan,

Thank you for your interest in keeping up to date with new
developments in GNU Press by signing up for this occasional
newsletter.

This edition contains:

* Call for volunteers in Portland, OR, USA and San Francisco, CA, USA
* New Source CD is released with lower price
* GNU Project 20th Anniversary T-shirts are now in stock
* GNU Project Anniversary Insignia items coming soon

* Call for volunteers in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA

GNU Press and the Free Software Foundation will be attending two trade
shows this summer on America's West Coast.  We need help from
volunteers not only with staffing the booth during the exhibits hours,
but also the day before to set-up.

All volunteers will receive a general-exhibits pass to the show, a
free lunch on the day they work, and a free T-shirt.  We also have a
limited number of events passes to share.

If you would like to help at either show even for a few hours, please
send email to address@hidden

The events are:

O'Reilly's OSCON  http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2004/
July 26-30, 2004
Portland Marriott Downtown
Portland, OR, USA

Booth Schedule:
Tuesday, July 27:       3:00 pm         6:00 pm SET UP ONLY
Wednesday, July 28:     10:00 am        4:30 pm
Wednesday, July 28:     6:00 pm         7:30 pm
Thursday, July 29:      10:00 am        7:00 pm

LinuxWorld   http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO04A
August 2-5,2004
The Moscone Center
San Francisco, CA, USA

Booth Schedule:
Monday August 02, 2004:         10:00 AM        3:00 PM SET UP ONLY
Tuesday August 03, 2004:        10:00 AM        5:00 PM
Wednesday August 04, 2004:      10:00 AM        5:00 PM
Thursday August 05, 2004:       10:00 AM        7:00 PM

* New Source CD is released with lower price

The new 18th edition of the GNU Source CD is now available.  We
reduced the price for this new version to reflect the lower production
costs that now exist for CDs.  We also want to encourage more people
to ask their companies to order them, especially if they use
downloaded free software in their office.

http://www.gnu.org/order/source18.html

* GNU Project 20th Anniversary T-shirts are now in stock

Thanks to everyone who responded to our previous survey, and helped us
create the new T-shirt design.  It is now in stock!

Available in both Black and Gray, in sizes from Small to 2XL.

http://www.gnu.org/gear/gnu20th-tshirt.html

* GNU Project Anniversary Insignia items coming soon

We have ordered a small amount of a new insignia pin and two types of
keychains to celebrate the GNU Project's 20th Anniversary.  This
series will be silver colored, and includes both leather and
all-metal keychains.  They are expected to arrive at the end of June.

Please send any feedback about GNU Press or other items you might want
to address@hidden  We look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Lisa M. Goldstein
Managing Editor, GNU Press