ipchat-devel

Re: [ipchat-devel] new man page and hashmap

From: Gonzalo Saavedra
Subject: Re: [ipchat-devel] new man page and hashmap
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:41:36 -0300

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:43:56 +0100, Maximiliano Pin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nice manpage!

Thanks.

>Some comments:
> - recive -> receive
> - ip-to-tp -> ip-to-ip
> - I'd put a dot before "you will find a contact list".
> - swich -> switch
> - Maybe "and swich chat buffers between them" is not very easy to
>   understand. I would change it to something like: "You can switch among
>   chat buffers using the keys shown on the contact list."
> - I think you should make some reference to the /help command. Something
>   like: "ipchat is self-documented. Use the /help command."
> - "ipchat now support" -> "ipchat now supports"
> - I see somewhat extrange that "ipchat is written in C".
> - In the AUTHOR section, could you add something like "See the AUTHORS file
>   for a complete list of contributors.".

Ok, done. Thanks!

> - Don't know if a COPYRIGHT section should be added.

Not sure what you mean, a copyright notice for the man page (as in 'man zcat')?

> Maybe Angshuman, who I think will join the list soon, or Robert, may help
> a lot more with our english :-)

That would be great! (Did I mention I hate documenting?)

[... about how to see the man page ...]
> When you commit the manpage, I'll have automake install it in user's machine.

Ok, I'll commit it now under the doc directory. And that will close
task #3527 [1].

PROPOSAL: We should move the Makefile to the root dir.

Last thing: Where should I upload the deb package for 0.3?

Regards,
Gonz

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3527
--