iris-devel

[Iris-devel] victim ordinal

From: Madeleine John
Subject: [Iris-devel] victim ordinal
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:35:35 -0400

As for his mother, she sat staring straight into the fire and madeno answer. Then Luke went away with the policeman to pay their fines.
But if you get out of here thats what youve got topay.
Wy I doubt it very much, he said, thrustinghis fingers through his hair. Wy I doubt it very much, he said, thrustinghis fingers through his hair.
So help me, God, Illkill him dead, as sure as my name is Emmet Blake!
This cheque youve given me is for five hundred dollars.
I dont want my family to know I evergot into any trouble like this. Robert said more kindly, but with a hoarsederisive laugh, youve just been seeing things, son.
W-w-w-wy the nice neat nigger-BaptistGod-damned sons of bitches!
He held him hard in the tension of desperation, and Kitchinpromised. When I get home Ill killhim if its the last thing I ever do!
Blake continued in a tone of dogged, drunkenrepetition, still talking to himself.
Ill get my forty-five out when I go home. You goout there and tell them we want out of here!
Black nighthad come when they had reached the mountains. W-w-w-wy the nice neat nigger-BaptistGod-damned sons of bitches!
We wereall drunk, and we were driving pretty fast.
Until that day he had had all the pride and arrogance ayoung man knows. There was noone there; you just imagined it.
XLIVWhen they got out into the street again, night had almost come.
And Id had as much todrink as any of you.
But if you get out of here thats what youve got topay.
Wy f-f-f-frankly I dont believe he wasdrunk at all. Thats whatIve been telling them all afternoon. W-w-w-wy the nice neat nigger-BaptistGod-damned sons of bitches!
Black nighthad come when they had reached the mountains.