iris-devel

[Iris-devel] dealings green

From: Amy Wooten
Subject: [Iris-devel] dealings green
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:09:51 -0200

RealNetworks gave me a hard time, because these TV stations are not available to the US audience, no matter how much you would pay.
So I put the pdf contract on a handy floppy disk and took it in with me to work, intending on doing a quick print-n-fax job. I thought that the VMWare Player is targeting the niche for software demos.
One can just wonder how low is the expectation these companies have about their customers.
Those are the scripts fixing Google annoyances: "Sponsored links" are back on the pages, there's no Delete button for GMail etc. So if you're browsing with Firefox, you might just disable Kerio popup blocker, from the Configuration window, tab "Web", "Ad block", unchecking "Block pop-up and pop-under windows". Kijk zelf dus op www. See, kids, if you mess with Windows Update, you miss the Windows Genuine Advantage.
With the current, temporary, version, lots of strange error are hurting the user experience.
The simple logic says these are bad people, because people with to much time on their hands are what makes a bad reputation for a neigbourhood. Getting Iraqis out of the World Cup audience is just another point into making Iraq look just like another mainland US state, clean, democratic and healthy-eating. I am still assessing the impact of the digital failure on the classic media, and I believe is more of a fuss then of a real impact.
Chuch Norris asks to borrow Wales' bitchslap technique for his next movie.
Probably the loss of such a great apparatchik confused many employees.
It's an unpolite attitude, but I guess that there's nothing one can do.
The Firefox checking mechanism assures me that everything is OK with the old AB and the new FF, the official website says there's no newer version, but some of the ads started to reappear.
Not that you really wanted a tool that doesn't work fully unless you are running Windows under an administrative account. Then if you read the forums and the bug database, you might believe that AdBlock is practically discontinued and a hero is saving the world with a new extension, AdBlock Plus.
Unable to see himself anymore as the visionary who invented the PC and the tap water, Bill Gates steps down.
I won't forge ahead with the stories that nobody can prove. This week, however, I needed to print out a contract so I could sign it and fax it to someone who wanted to give me money. , meaning that the Internet giant guarantees, as they did with the World Cup, that irrelevance will prevail. It is like spyware, but with your agreement.
The Firefox checking mechanism assures me that everything is OK with the old AB and the new FF, the official website says there's no newer version, but some of the ads started to reappear.
They are great kids and I am not going to suppose that every kid could do that.
It would have been simply rude to wake them up just so I could avoid feeling like a sloth. Apparently through a serendipitous series of events, it has been discovered that the primary drug in Ambien, a cheap and common sleeping aid, can bring people out of persistant vegetative states.
RealNetworks gave me a hard time, because these TV stations are not available to the US audience, no matter how much you would pay. I always link the BBC live coverage with the siege of the Beslan school. They can sense you out there.
So by mistake they might leak data from you computer not only to CIA, but to your worse competitor or to Al-Qaeda. I went to RealNothing and they didn't say anything.
It's easy now, when some of the Mozilla software managers are Google employees, to do whatever you want with the browser, calling it an update or a re-thinking etc.
It would have been simply rude to wake them up just so I could avoid feeling like a sloth.
I was glued to the TV for the two or three meager hours that I called my spare time, morning and evenings between school, work and sleep, following the live coverage.
They are great kids and I am not going to suppose that every kid could do that.