jami

Re: [Ring] releases/beta1-production branch

From: Guillaume Roguez
Subject: Re: [Ring] releases/beta1-production branch
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:06:47 -0400 (EDT)

----- Le 31 Oct 16, à 4:37, Baptiste Jonglez address@hidden a écrit :

> Thanks for the information.
>
> I noticed that the releases/beta1-production branch still uses pjproject
> 2.4.5, while master switched to using 2.5.5 some weeks ago.
>
> Is it possible to backport this change?  Apart from better IPv6
> support, does it break compatibility?
>
> Thanks,
> Baptiste

Hi Baptiste,

As you mention, PJSIP 2.4.5 is used in beta1: it brings IPv6 and new API into
PJNATH
to support multible STUN/TURN servers.

To support these new little things, it requires a bunch of patches on Ring
Daemon.

Technicaly, that doesn't break the Ring daemon API/behaviors,
but our next release based on master does!
So Ring versions based on beta1 cannot call anymore master based Ring versions.

Moreover we're very close to release, so all our efforts are targeted on it.

I don't think it is worth to backport as the result will be a deprecated
and unusable Ring daemon.

--
Guillaume Roguez | Senior Free Software Consultant
Ring Project Development Director - https://ring.cx

Savoir-faire Linux
7275 Saint Urbain
Bureau 200