jami

Re: [Ring] Ring joins GNU - Beta 2 Released with Multi-Device and Decent

From: Baptiste Jonglez
Subject: Re: [Ring] Ring joins GNU - Beta 2 Released with Multi-Device and Decentralized Username Registry
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 23:19:25 +0100

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 06:57:40PM -0400, Guillaume Roguez wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 10:11:58PM -0400, Alexandre Viau wrote:
> >> - We have just released "Beta 2 - Gaston Miron", which is an important
> >> milestone for Ring.
> >
> > Thanks for the announcement.  Can you tag the release in the various git
> > repositories?  I can't find a tag for ring-daemon.
>
> The easy way:
>
> git clone -b production --depth 1 --recursive
> https://gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com/ring-project
>
> and now all repositories are available and sync under ring-project.
>
> "production" is our release branch.
> No tags as we are in continuous integration (there are no "good" or "stable"
> versions).
> (old tags are historical)

Ok, thanks.  I have updated the Archlinux packages in the AUR based on the
latest commits.

However, the version number are basically meaningless, because they are
(automatically) based on the git tags.  Do you think you can add new tags?

By the way, when launching ring-gnome, the daemon prints a version based
3.0.0-something, so it could make sense to tag version 3.0.0 in the git
repository:

    cx.ring.Ring[1119]: Ring Daemon 3.0.0-6a37485cee-dirty, by Savoir-faire
Linux 2004-2016

Thanks,
Baptiste