jami

Re: [Ring] Good news and questions about "rules.mak" files

From: Baptiste Jonglez
Subject: Re: [Ring] Good news and questions about "rules.mak" files
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 19:41:16 +0200

Hi Adonay,

Thanks for the work, it may also be useful for other distributions.  From
my work on the Arch Linux package, the main remaining blocker is indeed
the custom patch to pjproject for GnuTLS support.

Over the last few months/years, I managed to work around all other
dependency issues (either by adding patches, or by switching to more
recent versions).  You can see the package and its dependencies here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ring-daemon/

For details:

On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 09:59:31AM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> - Commit "6dd46e1d9ab3801a6c6e1aabaee74d066e12c5e1" of Corvusoft restbed
>   has most of the patches that are needed for GNU+Linux. However, the
>   exception so far is the "strand" patch.

Restbed 4.5 has been released recently.  I thought it would be necessary
to use a more recent version of asio for the "strand" support, but it's
actually already implemented with the 1.10.X version of asio, it's only a
question of name.  So I integrated the very simple patch from
savoirfairelinux in the restbed package on Arch.

> - At least looking at current tree of asio, from commit
>   "524288cb4fcf84664b3dc39cb4424c7509969b92", almost all the patches
>   needed are already implemented, except for "no_tests_examples" patch.

asio 1.10.8 works fine, with the help of the small patch for restbed
mentioned above.

> Some suggestions:
>
> - I have sent some of our current patches for pjsip/pjproject, but since
>   I'm not the original author of the patches and they only take patches
>   that were sent by the authors themselves, I think it's better for us
>   to contribute to pjsip/pjproject in such way that the authors of the
>   patches themselves send the patches. The first reply to my current
>   attempt is at
>
> [[http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2017-June/020030.html]]

The pjproject change is really significant, so I think it makes sense for
the SFL folk to submit the changes themselves (or possibly a reworked
version that is less intrusive).

> Other important notes:
>
> - Before building OpenDHT and Ring daemon (in this order), I had to
>   change argon2 source files slightly such that "libargon2.pc" is made a
>   symbolic link to "argon2.pc", otherwise, although OpenDHT is built,
>   Ring daemon fails to recognize the existence of OpenDHT.

Strange, I didn't have to change anything, except providing a custom
libargon2.pc file:

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/argon2
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/libargon2.pc?h=packages/argon2

Baptiste