jami

Re: [Ring] Question - P2P

From: Guillaume Roguez
Subject: Re: [Ring] Question - P2P
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 10:31:02 -0500 (EST)

----- Le 2 Jan 18, à 19:27, Mesonoptic <address@hidden> a écrit :
Is Ring able to link two or more devices in a "mesh" network independent of the internet? Say, for disaster communication between mobile devices? If so, is this a feature on all platforms or just some?

Hi,

Ring is able to "talk" on an ethernet/IP network (IPv4 and IPv6).
With the help of a DHT Ring is able to join any other DHT node (another Ring application, or any one based on OpenDHT library).
Just add a new "bootstrap" node in you Ring account preferences.
This feature is available on all Ring supported plateforms.

PS: I've forwarded your question on our GNU mailing list, the official one, as posted on the deprecated ML.

Regards,
--
Guillaume Roguez | Senior Free Software Consultant
Ring Project Development Director - https://ring.cx