jami

[Ring] Issue with Video Chat

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: [Ring] Issue with Video Chat
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 23:18:39 -0500

OS: Parabola GNU/Linux

Package Version: ring-gnome 3:20180625.1.8dd3bf1-1

Hi all, I am writing using KDE Desktop and the aforementioned version of Ring. I am having an issue where when I make a video call, upon connection to the other user the feed cuts out and I am kicked out of KDE back to SDDM. I am running on Nouveau drivers. I have tried various configurations for codecs, and even a kernel change from linux-libre to linux to see if that was the issue, however the problem persists.

If anybody has any suggestions, I am all ears.

Brett