jami

Re: [Ring] Fwd: The Ring-KDE client version 3.0.0 has been released

From: Elv1313 .
Subject: Re: [Ring] Fwd: The Ring-KDE client version 3.0.0 has been released
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 17:56:47 -0400

Hello,

The KDE client isn't an official GNU project and is part of the KDE
project. It is probably a better idea to keep the official
communication a bit separated.

It doesn't mean not advertising there is unofficial clients at all on
Ring.cx. However it has to be clear there is official clients and
clients that follow their own release schedule and feature roadmap.

This is a .0 release following a major rewrite, so it also have very
obvious rough edges, misaligned pixels left and right and temporary
GUI widgets in place of in-development official/upstream KDE/Kirigami
components. For that reason too making too much publicity about this
release is probably not a good idea for the project image (both GNU
Ring and Ring-KDE). That being said, it is ready for wider testing and
a release could not have been delayed much longer to avoid a perpetual
voporware development cycle. Bugs should be reported on bugs.kde.org.

Greetings,
Emmanuel Lepage