jami

Gnome Integration for Contacts

From: David Burleigh
Subject: Gnome Integration for Contacts
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 15:21:22 -0400

I am trying to run Jami on Ubuntu 20.04 to function as a SIP softphone.
After simply providing my SIP server name, username, and password
(otherwise accepting all defaut settings), I can receive incoming
calls, and hear the caller's voice very clearly, but he cannot hear
mine. Also, I cannot initiate calls at all. I would appreciate any tips
on how to overcome these obstacles. Is there a log file somewhere that
would indicate why outgoing calls do not work? Or why the default sound
settings don't fully work (audio in, but not out). Two other softphones
I'm trying out both work fine with default settings, so I know my
PulseAudio sound system basically works.