jami

Re: Inaccessible menu items

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: Inaccessible menu items
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:08:05 -0400

Hello,

[ apologies for the slow reply ]

Hilary Snaden writes:

> Jami has successfully installed onto this Debian box, however it is
> not possible to access many menu options, making the program
> unusable. Is there a secret way of enabling scrollbars to reach the
> hidden items? If not, can they be added in a bugfix?
>
> This box has a display geometry of 1366x768. These are not uncommon.
>
> Thanks.

Could you please be more specific, and describe your issue in more
detail?  Which version of Jami are you using?  I tried with both the
GTK-based jami-gnome client and the new Qt-based jami-qt client, and
was able to scroll through the various settings views just fine, with
the application window resized to be quiet small.  The scrolls bars
should already be enabled, and appear as you move your mouse pointer
close to the edge of the application window.

--
Amin Bandali
Free Software Consultant