janosik-devel

[Janosik-devel] convoy

From: Jen Espinosa
Subject: [Janosik-devel] convoy
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:55:31 -0400

The devilish racket of firing went on and on. Did it definitely aim at overthrowing theGovernment? Meanwhile there was adelicate job to be done.
In the face of the accusations that werebeing flung about it was impossible to remain neutral.
I had to tell him that after this affair I could not join anyCommunist-controlled unit. Meanwhile there was adelicate job to be done. The devilish racket of firing went on and on.
But we may takeit as certain that these things would have happened in any case.
He asked the question everyone was asking:What the devil is this all about? People were divided in their minds and wondering uneasily howthe devil this was going to end.
For some time past there had been tension throughout Catalonia.
The firing died away and withsurprising suddenness the streets filled with people.
This shortage of food went on for several days after the fighting wasover.
Was it any kind ofcoup detat or revolutionary attempt?
Bands of them boarded trams, searched the passengers, and, if they had C.
I was fired at several times from this building. This led toscuffles with armed Anarchists, and one or two people were killed.
Next morning, however, the people began to leave thebarricades of their own accord. On the whole the Assault Guardsgot on very well with the population after the first day or two. In our position it was strangely peaceful. As usual, completely innocent people were beingarrested owing to police bungling. On that Thursday night the principal dish at dinnerwas one sardine each. He motioned with his rifle towards the side-street that ran past the bottomof our building.
Evidently he had just taken a shot at theCivil Guards on the roof. Huge seizures of arms werebeing made from C. But from now on the whole atmosphere was changed. In the face of the accusations that werebeing flung about it was impossible to remain neutral. It was broad daylight, nothinghad happened, the Government had not declared war on the P.
Did it definitely aim at overthrowing theGovernment? I remember the long, nightmarish evening that we spent in fortifying thebuilding. Was it any kind ofcoup detat or revolutionary attempt? I urged everyone to remainat the barricades.