koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Much Assistance Required for Setting-Up and Utilising Koha

From: David Litwin
Subject: [Koha-win32] Much Assistance Required for Setting-Up and Utilising Koha
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:14:01 -0400

To Whom it May Concern:

I have rather Recently downloaded Koha, MySQL and Apache for Windows 2000 Pro. I installed all three and they all appear to be Installed Correctly. Now, all that needs to be done is the Configuration.

Easier Said than Done.

Firstly, I have very little Prior Knowledge about Databases and Webservers. I'm a Quick Study, though, and can Usually Figure Out what I am Supposed to Accomplish.

Now then, having read the Koha Manual, it states in Book 1: For the Librarian I. T. Support Staff, under Option 1: Automated Configuration, that I simply have to run perl installer.pl and follow the Steps.

Alas!, for Firstly, the Said File does not Exist. The closest thing which I can Locate in installer.pl. Having run that, it says: "You seem to be installing from CVS. Please run the "buildrelease" script and install from the resulting release tarball." Firstly, it would appear to me that I did some thing wrong: It wants me to run another Script. So, I search my Computer for buildrelease. It turns out to be buildrelease.orig located in C:\usr\koha123\intranet\cgi-bin\koha. When I run it, it asks me what Programme I wish to use to Open it. I choose Perl Command Line Interpreter. This programme goes on to say that the scrip will automatically build a release tarrball, which sounds very much like it is going to do some thing for Linux, which, as I stated, I do not have. It says that it assumes that I have the koha and koha-html modules checked out for the release that I want to build, although, it will will build them any way. It then goes on to ask me where the koha cvs module is.

So, what I supposed to do here? I tried searching for "CVS", but it didn't find any thing. Did I do some thing wrong, or, does it just not want to work for me?

I Thank you Kindly in Advance.

Sincerely, David Litwin