koha-win32

[Koha-win32] RE: blank200 db is really blank

From: Michael L. Champion
Subject: [Koha-win32] RE: blank200 db is really blank
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:26:34 -0500

Hi Dana,

I recently joined the list and saw that this was left unanswered, so far.  I’m not certain how it is suppose to be done but I made a copy of the blank200 data folder under c:\mysql\data and renamed it.  I then went into c:\etc\koha.conf and pointed the database variable at the new folder.

In regards to the MARC data tables being empty.  I agree it seems unfortunate but understandable.  There are many versions of MARC which contain different fields.  You can check out the variations at http://www.loc.gov/marc .  For smaller, less academic installations, I’m leaning toward the MARC LITE Format (see the summary of fields at http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/lite/elbdsummary.html )

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael Champion

Department Head