RE: vk_l4 -- CVS Setup

From: Volkmar Uhlig
Subject: RE: vk_l4 -- CVS Setup
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:38:02 +0100

The site field was dropped for usability and performance reasons. A
compatible system can always be constructed using transparent proxy
threads. The advantage is one additional register (50% more) for short
IPC on x86. Version 4 will not have a site field either -- so do not
rely on it.
Version 3 was somewhere in between X.0 and V4 and retired in an
experimental state.

        - Volkmar