Re: [U]VM subsystem for L4 X.2 (and later)

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: [U]VM subsystem for L4 X.2 (and later)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:16:23 +0100

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:07:23PM +0100, Farid Hajji wrote:
> If someone is intersted in helping with '[u]vmserver', please coordinate
> with me. I didn't start any coding yet (still studying UVM code), but
> I plan to start as soon as I have clear enough understanding of how
> UVM, pmap and the rest of the system fits together.

I'm certainly interested in it, but I'm not sure I've time to help
coding. Posting to the list where you are busy with and using savannah
to store your code should be enough to avoid duplication of work I
think. It certainly nice to see something happen after such a long
time of only discussing.

I'm still busy with pthreads, it's making steady progress. I'm feeling
me a bit familiar with the glibc code now. Maybe I can write some of
the library code needed for L4. If I'm right libhurduser and
libmachuser will be splitted out of glibc. Does that mean we need a
libl4user?

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: address@hidden