Re: L4, chmacos and hurd

From: Farid Hajji
Subject: Re: L4, chmacos and hurd
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:05:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ellis,

> I am Ellis and i am discovering the code of the mini os chmacos which is
> based on L4 microkernel and i am finding this could be a good starting point
> to l4-hurd...
> But to have a good beginning, it lacks some documentation too. So I am
> trying to commentchacmos in french to make easyer to read it and later in
> english ...
great! Thank you for your help. The more, the better! ;-)

> This is the birth of l4-hurd but we need to organize the task with :
> 1/ A good documentation
> 2/ A website : people which make this project visible.
> 3/ A roadmap (detailled)
> 4/ Groups which can organize the differents tasks.
We already have a project at savannah:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/l4hurd/
but we need volunteers to code (and document!).

If you're willing to help, a good starting point would be to gather as
much information about L4 (both old and new APIs) and write a good intro
to prospective Mach and Hurd hackers. We lack a consistent introduction
to L4 for Hurd people right now.

Just an idea...

> Laurent mallet aka ellis
> address@hidden

Regards,

-Farid.

--
Farid Hajji -- Unix Systems and Network Admin | Phone: +49-2131-67-555
Broicherdorfstr. 83, D-41564 Kaarst, Germany  | address@hidden