Status Query

From: Ian Duggan
Subject: Status Query
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:24:48 -0800

Hi all,

I'm back on the list after a several month hiatus. Things have settled down a
bit at the new job and I should have some more free time in the upcoming
months. So, more time to for l4hurd. Yay!

I just read through the archives to catch up. It sounds like NealW did some
work over the summer at Karlsruhe. Have the licensing issues been worked out
with that yet? Is there a summary somewhere of what was done and what needs
doing?

Also, I saw the proposal for the IRQ work. Has anything come of that yet? When
I left off, I was thinking/working on implementing the device framwork
described in Helmuth's paper. It was slow going, because I was spending a lot
of time trying to translate the paper from German to English (I don't know a
lick of German, but babelfish can do wonders if you are VERY patient and plod
along carefully.) I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. If anyone could finish
for me, I'd be delighted. I can send you what I have so far.

I got to the point where I was trying to figure out how to get started from
the ground with the IRQ layer so that I could port over some of the OSKIT
drivers and have something to look at, trying to use CHACMOS for inspiration
here, and wresting with the various IDL compilers available. I need to check
into the updates in that realm. Things have surely progressed there. Has
anyone made progress on some IRQ stuff?

Anyhow, what have others been doing on l4hurd? I'm anxious to catch up and
pick up where we left off.

-- Ian

Ian Duggan    address@hidden    http://www.ianduggan.net