keeping track of thread ids

From: Daniel Wagner
Subject: keeping track of thread ids
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:23:03 +0200

Hello

I'm just wondering how we could keep track of thread ids.  First the
root task is the only one who is allowed to create new threads since
createing threads is a priviliged system call.  So the natural place
to store the used thread ids is the root task.  Second there is no way
to know when a thread dies, right?  This leads to question how we can
safely find new thread ids when new ones are required (e.g. we reached
the max thread id number)?

daniel