Re: L4::Pistachio 0.3 and Bochs

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: L4::Pistachio 0.3 and Bochs
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:09:38 +0100

Hi,

2 days, 5 minutes, 47 seconds ago,
Espen Skoglund wrote:
> These config files should be located under the configs/ directory on
> the demo disk.

It turns out that the demo disk I was able to run was the 0.2 one.
Using the 0.3 demo disk, I am only able to run the i586 version: with
the i686 version, I get the pingpong IPC menu, but then nothing more
gets displayed (the i686 version of the 0.2 demo disk did work fine,
though).

The same goes with the binary distribution for 0.3
(pistachio-ia32-0.3.tar.bz2): the pingpong demo doesn't work if I use
the i686 kernel.

So the conclusion is: using an i586 kernel is the safest way to make
sure Bochs can handle it.

Ludovic.