Re: patch for various things

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: patch for various things
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:34:59 +0200

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 03:44:00AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> At Tue, 1 Jun 2004 01:36:56 +0200,
> Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > Here I'd expect a "+ 1" is needed, because it should contain the trailing
> > '\0'.  However, I'm not sure since it can be compensated.  If this is the
> > case, there should be a comment about this.
>
> Might very well be the case, I have to check myself (too lazy to do it now :)
> How about reading the code of add_unused_area and following how it is used?

Good idea, I'll do that.

> > This panic seems to be copy-pasted from serve_bootstrap_requests.  In
> > serve_requests a MSG_SHUTDOWN would not be an error I'd think, and even if
> > it is, the message shouldn't be that the bootstrap failed.
>
> Actually, serve_requests is unused and unmaintained old crap that I didn't
> bother to remove.  It hints at the idea that after bootstrap no bootstrap
> RPCs will be parsed anymore.  However, this idea is probably wrong ;)  (If
> you think of wortel as a sleazy manager OS).

Unused?  I thought it was called from main (and doesn't return, of course.)
It makes sense to me as well, if wortel should wrap all the priviledged l4
calls.  How else should this be done?  Using several threads?  One for each
connection perhaps?

> >  zero copying if there is only one virtual driver.  When there is
> > -more than one virtual driver pages have to copied for all other
> > +more than one virtual driver pages have to be copied for all other
>
> Still sounds awkward ("is more than one pages"?)

I'll add a comma after "driver".

> > -  the platform specific details of accessing the bus.
> > +  the platform specific details of accessing the bus.
>
> Uhm, ok.

I removed two spaces at the end of the line.  There are lots of other lines
with spaces at the end, I guess, and I don't know why I only removed them here
;-)

I'll make and send a new patch after I read some things about the error codes.

Bye,
Bas Wijnen

--
I encourage sending me encrypted e-mail.
Please send the central message of e-mails as plain text in the message body,