small funky device access server in place

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: small funky device access server in place
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:56:13 +0100

Hi,

with my last checkins, the small funky device access server is in
place now, and does some stuff.  Notably, it implements a small
console, to which you can write individual characters and from which
you can read individual characters.  The keyboard input is very
limited, for example, the shift key doesn't work ;) But it allows you
to break into the kernel debugger by pressing ESC, and it echoes its
characters on the screen.

This is only for testing.  A proper driver would not only do more and
work better, but also live in the device driver framework, which is
separate from deva (but used by it).

Still, it's the first time you can actually "interact" with the system
in any sort of way.

The task server that is in there is somewhat operational, you can
allocate threads (and tasks, but there is no interface for this yet).

From here, development can continue in several directions, and I am
not sure what I will do next.

Thanks,
Marcus