Re: Contribution to the Hurd on L4

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Contribution to the Hurd on L4
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:39:51 +0100

At Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:46:53 +0100,
Matthieu Lemerre <address@hidden> wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <address@hidden> writes:
> > A lot of work could begin right now, including some work of deva.
> > There is even already a module deva in the Hurd cvs repo, but it's not
> > much in there yet.
>
> I would be happy to contribute to it then (unless you think I can be
> more useful elsewhere).

Depends on how you are going about it.  Deva is supposed to be under
the realm of p2 and wagi, but I don't think they have much time to
hold your hands, so you would be pretty much on your own.  On the plus
side, you have free hands :)

> OK thanks for your very clear explanations. I didn't knew it at all, I
> must have broke many aliasing rules when I was younger :). I'll be
> attentive to see if I can find any problems of this type.
>
>  Does gcc issues an error (or a warning) when breaking these rules?

Only in very few cases.  It can't be detected reliably in many, many
cases.

Thanks,
Marcus