Re: First Booting of L4-Hurd

From: arief#
Subject: Re: First Booting of L4-Hurd
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:53:45 +0700

Dear all.

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:28 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> At Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:24:37 +0700,
> arief# <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Following instruction on the README, and then using pistachio-demodisk
> > as a base. And then booting with the following menu.lst:
>
> If you followed the instructions in the README, you should have
> realized you can't use the demodisk.  You must recompile L4, with the
> patches in the README, and with a different linkbase for sigma0.

Yes, I know about this. Have done so.

> > And then something that says:
> > CPU does not support all features (1002809) -- halting
> >
> > Haven't try to debug anything yet, just wanna make sure I've done it
> > right.
> >
> > Tried to change kernel menuconfig using Pentium2/3, still not succeded.
>
> You need Pentium 1 for qemu (and disable APIC, but that is the default
> already).

Ok, this seems to have fixed it.
L4-Hurd are now booting on my machine!

It echoing many messages which I think coming from wortel, deva and
physmem. And then It just stops. I can type alright, but ofcourse
nothing happened.

Nice work.
And now, the question for me is, What do I do now? :-)

Go reading docs, I guess.

Best Regards.
-arief