Outstanding Rx

From: Staint Cornelius Clinic
Subject: Outstanding Rx
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:48:55 -0800

When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks. Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users? Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure -- hooking up with fat, hairy girls. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a shp, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. A book may lie dormant for fifty years or for two thousand years in a forgotten corner of a library, only to reveal, upon being opened, the marvels or the abysses that it contains, or the line that seems to have been written for me alone. In this respect the writer is not different from any other human being: whatever we say or do can have far-reaching consequences. Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life. The problem with some people is that when they aren't drunk, they're sober. Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol. A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. The great thing about a computer notebook is that no matter how much you stuff into it, it doesn't get bigger or heavier. Hatch a dream and then believe it. The Eskimo has fifty-two names for snow because it is important to them; there ought to be as many for love. Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves. Autumn is the time when seasons merge because of bare necessity. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life. No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. The game of life is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well. Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks. Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances. A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. Compassion is the antitoxin of the soul: where there is compassion even the most poisonous impulses remain relatively harmless. Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances. The man who says I told you so is making an excuse for not expressing his position clearly in the first place. Love takes up where knowledge leaves off. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. Who so loves believes the impossible. No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand. Autumn is the time when seasons merge because of bare necessity. A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years. Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks. Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time. A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life. You can widen your life by yourself, but to deepen it you need a friend. Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are All right, Brain, I don't like you and you don't like me -- so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. Hope is like a road in the country: there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence. Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love. Autumn is the time when seasons merge because of bare necessity. Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. No elected body is the country, we are the country. You and me. Us. It can only stay that way as long as we care to keep it so. Yesterday is a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore to this day. Yesterday is a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore to this day. If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. The game of life is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well. Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life. No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand. Too often we give our children answers to remember rather than problems to solve. You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time. No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. The Eskimo has fifty-two names for snow because it is important to them; there ought to be as many for love. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. All love shifts and changes. I don't know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time. Very little is needed to make a happy life. It is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a ... brain operation. A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. You can widen your life by yourself, but to deepen it you need a friend. Who so loves believes the impossible. Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. When solving problems, dig at the roots instead of just hacking at the leaves. Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order, will lose both and deserve neither. Books are the shoes with which we tread the footsteps of great minds. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be. Autumn is the time when seasons merge because of bare necessity. I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. The quality of the moment is more important than the number of our days. Love is the beauty of the soul. Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there? If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. A book may lie dormant for fifty years or for two thousand years in a forgotten corner of a library, only to reveal, upon being opened, the marvels or the abysses that it contains, or the line that seems to have been written for me alone. In this respect the writer is not different from any other human being: whatever we say or do can have far-reaching consequences. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves. Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light. Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. Love is the energy of the soul. Love is what heals the personality. There is nothing that cannot be healed by love. There is nothing but love. Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.