booting l4-hurd leading to hang after starting ruth...

From: Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas
Subject: booting l4-hurd leading to hang after starting ruth...
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:25:39 -0600

Hi,

After following instructions as they are in README of the cvs source
of the hurd-l4 module, including the same boot modules in the same
sequence under the grub menu:

.../laden -D
.../ia32-kernel
.../libexec/l4/sigma0
.../wortel -D
.../physmem
.../task
.../deva
.../task
.../ruth

I get no prompt and no message (both when adding -D or not to ruth):

physmem:frame_memory_alloc:  allocated physical memory: 30f000+1000
ruth:main: ruth 0.0
ruth:main: Hello, here is Ruth, your friendly root server!
physmem:frame_memory_alloc: allocated physical memory: 1e0000+10000
physmem:frame_memory_alloc: allocated physical memory: 41c000+1000

Then it just hangs there...

Well, only change is that on "make menuconfig" I just selected pentium
2/3, not the default pentium 4, since I'm using laptop dell inspiron
600m which is pentium mobile (neither 3, neither 4)....

Is this supposed to happen?  I don't see any terminal started neither
a prompt or something I'm familiar with...  It looks like the process
just hanged...

Thx,

--
Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas