Re: The need for an IDE driver

From: David Leimbach
Subject: Re: The need for an IDE driver
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:12:37 -0700

On 5/31/05, Matthieu Lemerre <address@hidden> wrote:
> Marco Gerards <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > Is it possible to use Xen?  Have you considered this option or is it
> > simply impossible?
>
> I don't think L4 run on Xen for now -- and considering that L4 and Xen
> can do the same job, I don't think that it's likely to happen.
>
> However, the paravirtualizations solutions on L4 seem very promising -
> I just propose to wait and see if they're mature enough.
>
> Thanks,
> Matthieu

Might be worth looking in to pre-virtualization/para-virtuatlization
"afterburner" stuff.  Supposedly this works to make a single binary
that works with L4 Linux Xen or natively.

Not sure if all of those 3 apply to what you are trying to do.

Here is the link(s):
http://l4ka.org/projects/virtualization/afterburn/
http://l4ka.org/projects/virtualization/afterburn/whitepaper.pdf