Re: Design principles and ethics

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Design principles and ethics
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 01:55:20 +0200

Scribit Bas Wijnen dies 02/05/2006 hora 01:04:
> > Either you or I have misunderstood something in how a constructor
> > works.  I had understood that the constructor is given a set of
> > capabilities along with the process it will instantiates. This
> > capabilities could be out of reach for the instantiator.
> Yes, but those capabilities are inserted by the parent.  In the case
> of trivial confinement, this is the same process as the instantiator.

Not at all. They are inserted by the contructor.

Example: I install a game somewhere, and create and constructor for it.
I give the constructor a capability to the score file, and seal the
constructor.

Now when the game is executed, it has a capability the user has not, and
it cannot grasp the capability from the game running.

Quickly,
Nowhere man
--
address@hidden