Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:07:26 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 18/05/2006 hora 15:36:
> > The hospital case is very special.
> The hospital case can be summarized like this: "The law requires the
> implementor to implement DRM.  How do you do it?"

I'm not sure that the need of the hospital use case is indeed DRM. I
can't speak for Shap, but this kind of answer is dismissal for me
because it's not that obvious that there is a need for DRM, and you use
the DRM argument to reject the case.

Of course, if you're right that the core need here is in fact DRM, and
DRM is to be banned from the Hurd, so you're perfectly right to reject
the case. But there is a hole in the logical chain that should lead to
your answer (at least for me).

Rhetorically,
Nowhere man
--