libann-users

Re: [libann-users] Help compiling with vc++

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [libann-users] Help compiling with vc++
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:21:29 +0800

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 06:18:04PM +0300, P.S.Saragiotis wrote:
     Can anyone help me with compiling the library under microsoft visuall
     c++??

Well I don't have MS VC++, but if you let me know what compile errors
you're getting, I can probably suggest ways around the problems.

The only problem that I anticipate is caused by MS's refusal to adhere
to scoping rules set out by ISO.  I think you can get around that by
adding an extra pair of braces around each loop which causes a problem.
Eg:

   {   // Try adding this opening brace

    for(int i=0; i < 10 ; ++i ) {
    }

   }   // and this closing one.

Let me know of any other compile errors and I'll see what I can suggest.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://wwwkeys.pgp.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.