Re: [Libcdio-devel] Removing the libpopt dependency in libcdio, darwin8

From: Steven M. Schultz
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Removing the libpopt dependency in libcdio, darwin8
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, R. Bernstein wrote:

> Peter J. Creath informs me that libcdio can compile on darwin8 or
> Tiger.  In addition to the other patches that have recently been

        I thought you knew that already :)

Darwin larry 8.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.2.0: Fri Jun 24 17:46:54 PDT 2005;
root:xnu-792.2.4.obj~3/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

        I'm a bit confused since libcdio's been building on Tiger (Darwin8
        aka OSX 10.4.x) for quite some time.

> applied in libcdio, for example a paranoia bug. He sends along a patch
> (based on 0.76 to remove libpopt altogether.

        If libpopt isn't needed I suppose it can be removed - but since libpopt
        is needed for other things it's not a hardship to have it installed.

        Cheers,
        Steven Schultz