Re: [Libcdio-devel] automake not tracking library dependencies correctly

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] automake not tracking library dependencies correctly
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:37:24 -0400

address@hidden writes:
 > automake's dependency tracking is really weird.
 > Did you play with the --include-deps and --ignore-deps options?
 > If I remember correctly, dependencies are ignored unless you pass
 > --include-deps to automake at least once.

Hadn't tried that. Just tried running "automake --include-deps" (and
"config.status --recheck"). Alas nothing has changed. src/Makefile.in
still has:

  am__DEPENDENCIES_1 =
  @address@hidden = $(am__DEPENDENCIES_1) \
  @BUILD_ISO_INFO_TRUE@                    $(am__DEPENDENCIES_1) \
  @BUILD_ISO_INFO_TRUE@                    $(am__DEPENDENCIES_1)

which is wrong. (Actually, 3 times wrong). But for good measure, I've
allso added --include-deps to autogen.sh. And thanks for the
suggestion.