[Libcdio-devel] Question about libcdio license

From: Brian Cameron
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Question about libcdio license
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:40:49 +0800

I notice that libcdio has a GPL license, yet is used by many programs that are GPL-based. For example gstreamer "good" plugins as listed on
your "Projects using GNU libcdio".

Wouldn't it make more sense for the libraries libcio to be LGPL licensed
so that programs like GStreamer can use it without possibly violating
their LGPL licenses?

Please cc: me on any responses since I am not on this mail alias.

Thanks,

Brian