Re: [Libcdio-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

From: Peter Creath
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:18:28 -0500

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:03 PM, R. Bernstein <address@hidden> wrote:
> Google Summer of Code 2008 is on. I understand that FSF says it will
>  try to participate this year. If it is accepted, I'll suggest adding
>  UDF reading support. (There is some limited stuff in libcdio right
>  now).

Would that just be integrating pieces of the Linux UDF project?  Does
libcdio generally have filesystem support?  What aspects do you think
would work well inside libcdio, especially given that it's a userspace
program?

>  Folks might give thought to other things. On the other hand, right now
>  this is a bit premature since FSF hasn't been accepted for the
>  program.

How about full support for P-W subchannels on audio CDs (raw 2448
format)?  I've been hoping to get to that for years.