[Libcdio-devel] nrg audio not correct with dao

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] nrg audio not correct with dao
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 05:33:46 -0400

Robert William Fuller writes:
 > Seems NRG didn't handle DAO in read_audio_sectors.  Ask me how much fun
 > I had with /usr/bin/cmp figuring this out.  Here's a clue:
 >
 >      cmp -l -i 0:352800 foo.bin /nfs/tmp/foo/foo.nrg
 >      cmp: EOF on foo.bin
 >
 > Note that 352800 is CDIO_PREGAP_SECTORS * 2352.

Wow! And can you guess the number I'm thinking of right now?

Having to come play this sort of guessing game all too often is why I
don't enjoy crossword puzzles and dread the all-too-common problem
reports where crucial information from either the input or the output
has been omitted (and replaced by the problem reporter's opinion of what's
wrong which is correct less than half of the time.)

 > The fix follows.  If it passes regression tests, I'm going to go ahead
 > and put it in.  (I'm going to keep checking things in until Rocky shoots
 > me in the head :-)

Nah - libcdio needs some life breathed into it. Change a way!

But it would be real cool to create a DAO NRG image and add another
regression test for that. Thanks.