Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: isrc API?

From: Robert William Fuller
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: isrc API?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 03:05:25 -0400

Robert William Fuller wrote:
Peter Creath wrote:
On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Robert William Fuller
<address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

I saw a flow diagram for this somewhere that I think answers that question. I just looked for it for about 20 minutes and did NOT find it. Very frustrating. The fact that some drives "cook" the "raw" P-W makes me suspicious about the sync being any better, but it might be :-) I wish I could find that diagram. If I don't turn it up, I'll have to decode P-W from a number of drives to see if I can figure that out.

I found the diagram. It's in MMC-3 (r10g,) section 5.17.1, page 163, Figure 42. I think you are right. I think the "raw" P-W is more likely to be "in sync" although it is still true that there will be the pesky read sample offset.

This is another related diagram:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachments/f52/26118d1109458617-offsets-handling-syncing-audio-data-vs-q-channel-efm.jpg