[Libcdio-devel] Re: DVD problems.

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Re: DVD problems.
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 14:15:08 +0100

Hi,

> mmc_get_media_changed() should tell one if the media has changed since the
> last call. I think a call to set the status is performed initially when
> creating a CdIo object.

The caching problem is not only about changed
media. It is also about changes to the same
media.
At least with an application which writes to the
media you will have to expect status changes.

> So the current thought has been to have a parameter on various calls which
> forces specific information to get retrieved from the drive

Or have one new call which invalidates
the cache as a whole (or in part ?).
Any further inquiry call will cause the info
to be retrieved freshly from drive.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas