Re: [Libcdio-devel] buffer overflow/memory corruption in udf_readdir()

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] buffer overflow/memory corruption in udf_readdir()
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:51:54 +0100

Hi,

Pete Batard wrote:
> I need UDF support
> that can at least extract files from. If that becomes too troublesome, I may
> have to reconsider.

I have on my libisofs todo list the implementation of ISO/UDF hybrid
filesystem production. Reading the specs ECMA-167 and UDF-2.60 chased
me away from the topic several times.

But if you are investing time into the UDF topic, i would be willing
to join in. As said, my target on the first hand is production, not reading.
libisofs reads ECMA-119+RockRidge and Joliet. So why not UDF ?
At least we could share knowledge.

What i am lacking yet is a comprehensice overview how to get from
UDF anchor to directory tree, file entries, and file content. There
seem to be several stages of volumes and partitions involved.
(I wanted to explore libcdio/src/lib/udf/udf_fs.c when i got distracted
 by endeavors which promised more fun.)

Apologies to Rocky for chatting up libcdio users. It worked so nicely
two months ago with the CD-TEXT topic. libburn release with full CD-TEXT
support and documentation is planned for the next week.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas