[Libcdio-devel] libudf support for udf 2.5

From: Lukas Rusak
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] libudf support for udf 2.5
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 12:53:38 -0700

Hello!

I was wondering if there was any plans to have libudf support udf spec 2.5
(or 2.6)? I am specifically curious about support for allocation descriptor
chains as used by bluray formats.

I tried to hack some support in for encountering TAGID_EFE and finding
the TAGID_FSD from some file type 0xFA (250) which I have
dubbed UDF_FILE_REDIRECT. I'm successful in finding the FSD from this but
haven't been able to get much further.

It seems like AD chaining is a large part of udf 2.5 and I'm not able to
find the "root" dir yet in my experience as it seems each reference of
TAGID_EFE refers to some other entry and you need to traverse the lot to
find what you're looking for.

Anyways. I'm just looking for any insight you might have on this or if I'm
out of luck.

Cheers,
Lukas Rusak