Re: [Libcdio-devel] check_cue.sh failing with cdda_4_5 image on MinGW

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] check_cue.sh failing with cdda_4_5 image on MinGW
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 17:37:23 +0100

On 2020.05.20 14:35, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 6:56 AM Pete Batard <address@hidden> wrote:
Therefore, unless someone objects to removing the symlink and simply
duplicating cdda.bin as cdda_4_5.bin, I will push a commit that does
just that within the next 24 hours.

I'm okay with this. And your other changes as well.

Okay, I just pushed that commit.

On 2020.05.20 12:41, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Not really. I think the correctness of lib/driver/MSWindows needs
> to be checked.

That's fine with me!

> So i now understand that the two track info lines stem from
> test/data/cdda_4_5.cue and the leadout line stems from the size of the
> misinterpreted symbolic link file.
>

> The MSWindows driver would have to be checked by putting the .cue/.bin
> data onto a real CD medium and to inspect this CD by cd-info.

In that case, here's what I get from burned media with the newly fixed cdda_4_5.cue/cdda_4_5.bin:

$ ./src/cd-info.exe --dvd
cd-info.exe version 2.1.0 i686-w64-mingw32
Copyright (c) 2003-2005, 2007-2008, 2011-2015, 2017 R. Bernstein
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
CD location   : \\.\I:
CD driver name: WIN32
   access mode: ioctl

Vendor                      : Optiarc
Model                       : DVD RW AD-7240S
Revision                    : 1.03
Hardware                                  : CD-ROM or DVD
Can eject                                 : Yes
Can close tray                            : Yes
Can disable manual eject                  : Yes
Can select juke-box disc                  : No

Can set drive speed                       : No
Can read multiple sessions (e.g. PhotoCD) : Yes
Can hard reset device                     : Yes

Reading....
  Can read Mode 2 Form 1                  : Yes
  Can read Mode 2 Form 2                  : Yes
  Can read (S)VCD (i.e. Mode 2 Form 1/2)  : Yes
  Can read C2 Errors                      : Yes
  Can read IRSC                           : Yes
  Can read Media Channel Number (or UPC)  : Yes
  Can play audio                          : Yes
  Can read CD-DA                          : Yes
  Can read CD-R                           : Yes
  Can read CD-RW                          : Yes
  Can read DVD-ROM                        : Yes

Writing....
  Can write CD-RW                         : Yes
  Can write DVD-R                         : Yes
  Can write DVD-RAM                       : Yes
  Can write DVD-RW                        : No
  Can write DVD+RW                        : No
__________________________________

Disc mode is listed as: DVD-ROM
CD-ROM Track List (4 - 5)
  #: MSF       LSN    Type   Green? Copy?
cd-info.exe: cdio_track_msf for track 4 failed, I give up.

> I expect that the attempt to obtain track start addresses will cause
> failure.
> The Leadout start might be readable correctly, but possibly cd-info
> will not get that far.

Indeed.

Regards,

/Pete