Re: [Libcdio-devel] Proposal for fix of cd-info on MSWindows driver

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Proposal for fix of cd-info on MSWindows driver
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 11:46:37 +0100

(Re-sent to CC the mailing list)

On 2020.05.21 08:30, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Pete Batard wrote:
I would advise to combine the 2 commits into a single one before merging,

That's reasonable. But how to do it without invalidating your testing?

That's called squashing. You should be able to find plenty of help on how to do that using git rebase, such as https://gist.github.com/jbub/5766366

If you use git to do the squashing, then you can be guaranteed that my testing is not invalidated.

In TortoiseGit on Windows, I have an UI option to combine the last few commits into one.

Is there a git gesture or do i have to make a new branch and copy the
tested win32.c from the old branch ?

git rebase is your friend.

If you have trouble figuring it out, please let me know.

Regards,

/Pete