Re: [Libcdio-devel] Hindsight is 2020 - Let's sort multiextents at last

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Hindsight is 2020 - Let's sort multiextents at last
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 19:20:50 -0400

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 3:48 PM Pete Batard <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2020.05.24 17:00, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> > On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 9:36 AM Thomas Schmitt <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> branch pragmatic-multiextent-2020 has now passed all my experiments
> >> which master would pass.
> >> Insofar i propose to merge it.
> >>

> > Merge it then, unless anyone objects.
>
> Okay, I applied the branch then.
>
> Note that (because we can't force-update) I didn't exactly merge it, as
> I removed the last 2 fixes, that were about things that got overlooked
> in the commit that introduced multiextents, and instead merged these 2
> commits into that one and then applied each individual commit to master
> (apply patch serial). The end result is exactly the same as if the
> branch had been merged, but it removes commits that weren't supposed to
> exist in the first place.

No problem.  Thanks for merging.

I pulled the source compiled it and tested it and this work okay on my
Ubuntu box.

The example files in examples/{,C++{,OO}} need updating so I made a stab at
that in branch revise-examples-for-multi-extent.

If someone would check this over, I'd be grateful. Feel free to just make
whatever changes as needed. Basically the ISO locations have moved, and I
changed ->size to  ->total_size and changed format specifiers on the double
fields from %u to %lu.

Down the line the same may need to be done for the other language bindings
which live outside. (I am aware of Python, Ruby, and Perl since I did
those).

Also, I'm seeing some gcc warnings, but that's best saved for when the dust
settles more.