libcdio-help

understanding iso-info -l output

From: Keith Monahan
Subject: understanding iso-info -l output
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 13:32:49 -0400

Hi there,

I'm trying to associate a list of file accesses by file offsets within an .ISO file. I need to lookup paths/filenames based on the file offset.

The file I have is 532963328 bytes long, which would be (260326) 2048-byte sectors.

When I use "iso-info -l", I'm only seeing outputs from LSN's 178 to 178993. It seems I'm almost missing around 80k sectors.

The extra space is not padding, and the OS is definitely accessing parts of that CDROM. I have many accesses in the 506,994,688 to 518,455,296 range.

If I simply multiply the LSN by 2048, should that be the file offset within the .iso?

I think I'm missing something fundamental here, so I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Keith