libffcall

Re: [Libffcall] GSoC Preparations

From: Deepak Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libffcall] GSoC Preparations
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 20:50:20 +0530

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Avneet Kaur <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:28 PM, Deepak Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
>> This seems something new and interesting. I will do this :).

I'm on the way to complete my commit.
I want to share what I have done till now. From very first day, I
start searching stuff which convert cvs repo. to git. I found number
of tools which help to convert CVS repo. to GIT.

* First tool I found called "cvs2git"
http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/cvs2git.html. Cvs2git is a tool that can be
used to migrate CVS repositories to newer version control tools,
including git. We need to install cvs2svn, cvs2git found within it. I
start playing with it, following it's documentation but I stuck at 3
point. Whenever I run 3 point on terminal it popped up an error
message:

ERROR: the path '/home/deekay/Documents/
ffcall' is not a CVS
repository, nor a path within a CVS repository.  A CVS repository
contains a CVSROOT directory within its root directory.

After 4-5 hours I found it's solution and start working again but
after 2-3 steps it stuck again with error messages. I searched many
other tools to do this work like git-cvs-import, fromcvs, even I also
tried "crap" https://github.com/rcls/crap but I didn't get what I want
to do from them. After a long search finally I found this
"http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit/";. I'm almost done with
it's documentation, now i'm on the way to wash my hand with this.

Thanks!

--
Deepak Kumar Sharma
Blog: