libffcall

[Libffcall] GSoC Proposal Period

From: Avneet Kaur
Subject: [Libffcall] GSoC Proposal Period
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 19:20:16 +0530

GSoC Students, Welcome!

If you've not yet introduced yourself (this year), let's get a
discussion going about your interests!  If you want to work with GNU
LibffCall, please introduce yourself.

We have a truly exceptional acceptance rate, but know that you will
have to put in effort to prepare a detailed proposal [1]. Student
proposals last year were all pretty fantastic, so you have lots of
examples. Do your homework and ask detailed specific questions so we
can help. You are evaluated heavily on your ability to communicate
well, learn quickly, and expand on topics, so please do speak up as
soon as possible so we can better know.

Don't be afraid that asking questions will make you look dumb [2].  On
the contrary.  Open source can be complicated and daunting, like a
city.  Wandering a big foreign city without a guide can be slow to
navigate at best, or even dangerous.  We're here to help each other!

[1] hhttp://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/guidelines.html
[2] Avoid vague questions or statements like "help me understand /
decide / think".  You are expected to read.  Specific questions are
best.

--
Er. Avneet Kaur
Blog: www.avneetkhasla.wordpress.com

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working
together is success."