libmicrohttpd

Re: [libmicrohttpd] race condition on 0.9.73

From: José Bollo
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] race condition on 0.9.73
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 17:44:53 +0200

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:35:42 +0300
Evgeny Grin <k2k@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hi José,
>
> Thanks for the report!
>
> If MHD needs to (re-)run MHD_run() immediately MHD_get_timeout() must
> return zero timeout.
> You don't need to re-run it if no timeout is returned.
> Zero timeout if connection cleanup is pending was enforced by
> Christian in version 0.9.73.
> See
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2021-01/msg00003.html
> Let me know if it doesn't work for you, so we will be able to fix it
> before the next release.

Hi Evgeny,

that is a good new that I either missed or forgot. I have no big ideaon
how to check that change. So I'll trust Christian's made a good job as
usual.

> Function MHD_run_wait() was added for upcoming version 0.9.74, but it
> does not return flag "need to re-run". MHD_get_timeout() already
> serves for this purpose.

I finally had time to look at this new function. It can be improved by
returning a status telling if something was processed or not instead of
just ok/error. This would allow to call it with a timeout of 0 until
nothing is done.

Best regards
José