librefm-announce

[Librefm-announce] A holiday update from Libre.fm

From: Matt Lee
Subject: [Librefm-announce] A holiday update from Libre.fm
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:36:52 -0500

As the holidays approach, I wanted to update you on how things
are going at Libre.fm and ask for your support at this time.

Since our launch in April, over 19 thousand members have signed
up for the service, with over 15 million tracks now in our
system, over two and a half million of which are unique.

This coming Saturday, Rob Myers from FooCorp is talking about
Libre.fm at the makeart 2009 conference in France. I'm pleased to
announced that Libre.fm developers will be present at the
LibrePlanet 2010 conference in Boston next March -- exactly one
year after the initial ideas of Libre.fm were planned.

But most importantly, Libre.fm remains a stellar example of the
kind of work that can be done with free software, and by the free
software community. With the news that Libre.fm's codebase has
been accepted into the GNU project, we are continuing this work.

The Free Software Foundation, the non-profit organization that
runs the GNU project and supports our work, is having its annual
fundraiser. We rely on the support and resources of the FSF to do
our work, and to bring Libre.fm to you.

Please support Libre.fm at this time by becoming an associate
member of the Free Software Foundation. Payments can be made
monthly or annually, and all associate members will receive a
bootable USB membership card, containing a completely free
version of the GNU/Linux operating system.

      http://www.fsf.org/join?referrer=8181

Please do whatever you can to support us and the FSF!

Thank you,

matt

---

Matt Lee